Homewatch CareGivers is a leader in providing services to seniors and to families in need. Recently, three major publications have published articles from the Homewatch CareGivers team. The American Society on Aging published an article with Vice-President of Marketing Jennifer Tucker’s byline. In the article, Jennifer talks about the importance of person-centered dementia care. The article links to Homewatch CareGivers Guide to Living with Dementia. The article also discusses the Pathways to Memory program, which is Homewatch CareGivers dementia care program. Pathways to Memory is a perfect example of the success of person-centered dementia care.
Provider Magazine published a similar article about dementia care and the importance of having a customized care plan.
Finally, Case in Point magazine for case managers published an article by President Leann Reynolds on the unique challenges facing male caregivers. In response to the needs of male caregivers, Homewatch CareGivers launched an online forum just for male caregivers, The Male Caregiver Community.
[Homewatch CareGivers Of Charlotte supports some amazing individuals with interesting backgrounds and wonderful talents. One of those is Bruce Beck, a veteran, who has a gift for writing. Bruce has shared the following story with us and given us permission to publish it.]
It will only be a few weeks until we celebrate the birth ofJesus. Many will read the story of His birth at this time to their children or maybe to a group of people. They will read of the gifts that the Maji or Wise Men gave to the child Jesus and the story of the Shepherds who were watching their flocks by night. These Shepherds did follow a Star which led them to the baby Jesus.
This is a short story that my Lord Jesus has given me and l would like to share it with all of you.
The Love with a Riddle
The young child Anna looked into the glass window that held and assortment of scarfs. Anna was twelve years old, but she knew how much her mother enjoyed the warmth of the lamb around her, for it would keep out the bitter cold.
Anna had only a dollar, but she decided to enter the old shop to look at the Red Scarf closely. Upon entering she More >
Many of our client cherish their independence. But their families worry about what might happen if they have an emergency while no one is around. That worry is diminished with Homewatch CareGiver’s Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) by Healthcom. With our CareLink products help is only the push of a button away. Independence with peace of mind. See below for a list of our products, or call Homewatch CareGivers of Charlotte to discuss which product/service is best for your family.
CareLink® 7100 model – $35.00/month (no activation fee)
- The CareLink® 7100 model offers crystal clear 2-way voice communication with our Support Center.
- Remote Call Answering allows the user to answer incoming calls through their CareLink® unit – without using the telephone!
- Backup Battery allows the unit to continue to operate normally even if the power goes out. It then recharges on its own when the power comes back on!
- Integration into our Family Access Anywhere® website allows caregivers to stay informed.
- Activity Timer can be set to contact the Support Center if no one has pressed the “home” button within a preset period of time.
- Enhanced Audio Communications allows the Support Center to switch between duplex and one-way talk/listening modes which can increase our ability to communicate with the client More >